Friday, May 14, 2010

*More legitimate fears*

Right now I'm sitting on the condo porch waiting for my sunscreen to dry before I go play in the sun all day. And when I say "play" I mean PLAY. I think one of the reasons I will do well at being an early ed teacher is I seriously love to play as much as the kids do. I love to escape to imaginary worlds whether it be through writing or pretending. I enjoy playing "house" with kids more than I probably should. Me and Macy get on our little blue raft and take to the seas and act like we are on deadliest catch, but we definitely laugh a lot more than they do on the show. I am 22 years old, and happy to report that I LOVE to play. If you don't like that, then your life is probably not as exciting as mine anyway, so I'm sorry for you. Life shouldn't be all this seriousness all the time. Tap into your inner child! I know its there in all of us.

I watched Shark Week on the Discovery Channel not too long ago and it's definitely been in the back of my mind this entire week. The first day we were on the beach I was TERRIFIED of the water. I would only let Molly pull me out in the boat a little ways and I kept thinking I saw things and screamed quite a bit. There WAS a sting ray...so I wasn't too far off in my questioning of the seas. Steve Erwin was on my mind and I didn't want to be the next! It was sort of comical because me and Macy were in the boat screaming and holding onto each other then we looked to our right and there was this three year old kid standing next to us throwing a ball. We were in knee deep water the entire time. The water doesn't get deep until REALLY far, but we were unaware of that before.

The next day we got a little braver and realized we were being a little ridiculous. But I mean....there ARE creepy sea creatures all around. I was told by a friend during a tornado a few weeks ago that I should get more "Legitimate fears" because freaking out over being smashed by a tornado is nuts considering people die in different ways a lot more. So I told myself..."Abby, keep your fears legitimate! What are the odds of your arm being munched by a shark, anyway?" So I decided to go further this time. Sometimes I wasn't even in the boat.

Then I got REALLY comfortable being in the waves. Not long after I stepped on a crab and got pinched and chased viciously out of the water. Creepiest occurrence I've had in quite a while. And Macy got attacked as well and started bleeding. But watching her run out of the water and moon the whole beach because of it was worth it in my opinion. I've never laughed so hard in m life. In her defense, the crab is painful and SCARY! But I refuse to let that stop me from the waves, because I am really trying to be less fearful. And I was hoping to get into a bad predicament that caused a very attractive Christian man to come rescue me from the waters! But that hasn't happened yet. Maybe one day. A girl can dream.

Well, my sunscreen is dry so I am about to go outside! Hope everyone has had a great summer so far!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment