Monday, May 3, 2010

*Hold Lightly*

I am going to relive my 8th grade glory days, because I have written a little poem. Not a great poem by any stretch of the imagination, but a poem indeed. The only reason I'm sharing this is because it tells exactly what the Lord has been teaching me lately. Learning to hold onto our blessings lightly will save us a lot of trouble and help us to see God for who He is, instead of being angry at Him for always "taking away" things all the time. Let's be the kind of people that say "You give and take away, but my heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be Your name!"

"Hold Lightly"

I give and you praise
I take and you groan
Each blessing has a phase
but you'll never be alone

I want to bless you highly
yet you hold blessings tightly
I wisely take them from your grasp
Holding on will never last

Come rest your hands and seek me nightly
and hold onto your blessings lightly

No comments:

Post a Comment