Friday, June 4, 2010

*My Love, God's Love*

It was one of those moments in life that is absolutely perfect. The room was silent except for a tiny breathing sound coming from the newborn baby I held in my arms. His smell was so fresh and his face so intriguing. Everything about him was so miraculous to me. His little eyelids as they felt the burden of opening his eyes to the new bright world around him. His little sneeze made me feel so warm inside. Everything about him brought about emotion in a good way. It was all so perfect to me. The love I felt made me feel like I could just burst inside. How is your heart supposed to hold that much love?

One thing I really started to think of while holding the baby is how it's such a picture of God's love for us. Long before we could do anything for Him at all, He loved us with so much passion. I feel so much love in my heart for that baby and all he can do is lay helpless in my arms. He can't do anything for me at all, but regardless I am overcome with love. In the same way, we can't do anything for God, but He is completely in love with us no matter what we do. I am like the newborn baby that is literally helpless unless God steps in and takes care of me. Just like the baby relies on me to hold his neck up, I rely on the Lord to hold me up each day as well. Without him I am nothing. Without his constant caring for me, I would be lifeless. He is the one who gives me life and I am lucky to be loved by Him. There is nothing I can do to earn the love of the Lord, but He loves me anyway. From the day I was born He has loved me with an everlasting love that outweighs any kind of love I could ever feel. That to me is so amazing….absolutely unfathomable. God's heart must be very big.

1 comment:

  1. It is written Satan has deceived the whole world until the heel of time when a woman shall bruise him by exposing his lies Gen 3:15 check out the bruising of Satan and the true love of God for all at
    http://thegoodtale.blogspot.com
    Read all the posts to see the whole picture, val

    ReplyDelete