Tuesday, June 8, 2010

*Cow Eyes, Puppy Dogs…Etc.*

I was sitting here with a lot of thoughts flowing through my head, but all of them have come to a halt thanks to the fact that my computer is on 47% battery. Am I the only one that is driven insane when the battery gets below 50%? I mean…I just keep staring at it with such dissatisfaction. I'm gonna have to plug this in and get it up to at least 50% battery before I can even think strait here.

I feel so much change in the air recently. Coming home has been such a good thing for my soul. It's like the school year and winter almost shriveled me to pieces and I came home just in time. I was a deflated balloon that is now finally being blown up again. I feel like this is where I belong and it's nice to finally feel that way. Living in College where I feel out of place is rough, but the Lord definitely has grown me into a better person because of it!!!! And it makes me enjoy these times that much more. I am SO thankful and I'm SO blessed!!!!! I am very glad with where I am right now. And even when I am not this content and comfortable…I am still SO blessed. The Lord is good at ALL times.

My job has been going amazing so far. I feel so at home and since it's my third summer, most of the kids know me by now. I feel like we become a family in a way. I love the kids and they keep me laughing. They also give me such encouragement and joy everyday. Even the ones that I am having to send into the corner multiple times a day have a special place in my heart. They love to hug me and grab my hair and hold my hand. They want to know all about me and seem interested in who I am. The girls compliment me more than I've ever been complimented in my life! When I walk through the kindergarten and first grade hallway I am bombarded with children and literally have to pull them off my legs. Those are the kids I taught two years ago as four year olds. They still feel an attachment, because we definitely bonded. And the feeling is quite mutual. I don't mind them hanging on my legs even if I DO need to be somewhere and can't pull them off.

Some of my kids from last year are now going into fifth grade and have gotten into the "too cool" stage. One of them comes into my room and acts like I'm really uncool, but sits by me for hours anyway. He acts like he's too "old" to play games anymore but one time he said:"so..where's the pumpkin suit, anyway?" and I saw a flash of childhood still in his eyes. I used to let him dress as a pumpkin and run down the halls as I timed him if he was good. I wish the childhood would stay a little longer. I think I have a special place for young boys in my heart because there comes a day when they are no longer able to live as freely as they did as children. There comes a day when it's time to grow up and respect is more important than feelings. There's only a few short years when they dress up like puppy dogs for fun and cry in my arms. Those days of begging to play with my hair are soon to be over, because well…boys aren't "supposed" to play with hair.

I had to dissect 8 cow eyeballs today and I seriously almost passed out. I have never been queezy before, but since my recent blackout thanks to Molly's foot injury, I am now living with a weak stomach. The eyeballs squirted all over me as the children laughed and I nervously ran to the sanitizer. I survived, though. I am OKAAAY! The cow guts are washed off my clothes; i've never been so excited to do laundry in my life.

I fell out of my chair the very first day of class. Feet flailing willy nilly in the air and everything. "Willy Nilly" is how my friend Kristin describe the occurrence, anyway. I walked in this morning and said in a really serious tone: "Anyone remember that one time I fell out of a chair?" and they all laughed REALLY hard. I love kids because they think I am just the funniest thing that ever happened to the world. That is a nice change from a few people who won't even give me fake laughter. I'm funnier than the people who just look at me with blank stares think! Like Michael Scott from 'The Office' says…"From the mouths of babes comes truth! And kids think I'm awesome!". haha

Time for bed…..waking up has proven to be ROUGH. The alarm has not been my friend recently. I gotta get to bed earlier than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment