Monday, January 30, 2012

*It Makes Me Rest*

Today I had about an hour to sit at the car shop and wait alone. It ended up being exactly what I needed because I started to read a book on my iphone kindle that was really eye-opening.

It's called "More than Ordinary: Enjoying Life With God" and the story is written by a man who apparently came to know Jesus through an encounter with Jesus Himself. I was kinda weirded out at first, but then I kept reading and it really drew me in. It was about living with God in our everyday lives, believing and acting on the fact that Jesus is with us in every moment. It explained the nature of Jesus and His personality which is the best personality ever.

One of the things I read that really stuck out to me was when the author said: "I could sense that Jesus really liked me. I could tell He really wanted to be around me." I know that is the truth about our God, but I don't always think like it. It's hard to believe that God can NEVER get annoyed of us. He is slow to anger and loves us just the way we are. He isn't bogged down by human frailty and therefore He is the greatest friend we could ever have. He loves being around us…even on our worst days.

My favorite part is the fact that Jesus will never ignore us. If you want to know how to truly hurt me, ignore me. I'd rather have someone yell in my face than completely ignore me all together. I can't imagine hating someone enough to ignore them. It's like saying: "You aren't even worth one ounce of my emotional energy." It's treating someone like they aren't even human. Their opinions and side is so worthless that it's not even worth listening to. That, my friend, is the worst thing you can do to me. It's so hurtful…and stays for so long.

But Jesus would never imagine ignoring us- not even if our opinion is absolutely ridiculous (which mine often is when talking to Him). We can't do anything to make God not like being around us. We can't do anything to change His opinion of who we are. It is impossible for Him to act like a human towards us…His love is the only love that is truly unconditional.

I guess I just needed a reminder of who my greatest friend really is. When I remember that strong safety I have in the Lord, it makes me not chase people on this earth so much. It makes me realize my worth. It lightens the burden on my mind about the opinion of others. It quiets my emotions.

It makes me rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment