Thursday, March 24, 2011

*I LIKE My Mustache!*

I just scared my sister half to death because I was jumping around in the bathroom when she was trying to sleep. I guess I need to remember common courtesies that I've forgotten since I haven't had to share space in a long time. I was laughing and jumping over Casey Abram's freak out on American Idol tonight, but Molly says I have him beat. "You are making fun of Casey's freak out, but look at YOURSELF"…. I guess she has a point.

Today we went to get manicures and pedicures at a local nail salon. As usual the ladies spoke in a foreign language and laughed while doing my nails which is always a little disturbing to me. Today I said: "Excuse me, what are you saying?" and all she did was look at me and laugh really hard. I'm not sure I'm okay with that.

If that didn't offend me enough, she decided to take it to the next level little later. I decided to get my eyebrows waxed because I was already there and figured it would go pretty smoothly. Once I got in there she waxed my eyebrows and then went on to tell me about how HORRIBLE my mustache was and that I really needed to get it taken care of.

I was told by the front desk lady that they do that on purpose to try to make more money, but I think it's a TERRIBLE sales tactic. There's no WAY I'm paying someone money because they humiliate me into it. Maybe they are used to costumers who are afraid to say no, but I am Abby and I am NOT afraid to say no. Believe that.

If I wanted to get my mustache ripped off, I would've asked for it in the first place. I'm pretty sure I look at myself everyday in the mirror and know what's happening on my face more than anyone else. I may not be as smooth as a fish, but lip waxes hurt like fire and it's just not worth it to me. "I DON'T WANT A LIP WAX, THANK YOU!" I said firmly, but she decided to push further. She began to look closer and closer at my upper lip with a disgusted face and even forced a mirror on me saying "LOOK!!! BAD!!"….. I finally got fed up.

"I LIKE MY MUSTACHE!!! Don't touch my mustache!!!!!! I won't come here again if you try to take it away!!!" Our relationship was a little bit awkward after that moment, but she didn't say anything again.

1 comment:

  1. HHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA SERIOUSLY LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY AS I'M READING THIS!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete