Sunday, March 6, 2011

*Getting Over the Over*

It's over. My first rotation is complete and I am a big ball of emotion.

I am a pitiful site to see, moping around the house missing my kids. I have an 8 x 10 photo of the class by my bed if that gives you any indication of where my heart is. I have notes and drawings and paper flowers from my students around the room as decoration to try and comfort me this weekend. All it has done is make me think about them more. 6 weeks was not nearly long enough.

Friday night there was a thunderstorm and all I could think about was that I hope none of my kids are waking up scared. Saturday rolled around and I wondered how a student's birthday party was going. I sat and stared at a picture of me and the class which made me laugh at all their poses and then cry because I wouldn't get a picture like that again. I'm THIS close to wiping my tears with chocolate wrappers. I'm telling you….I'm out of control.

Teaching in elementary school is different from a lot of professions in the fact that it not only takes your time and effort, but it takes all of your heart. You basically give your life to it and are never fully off the job. You are seriously so vulnerable sometimes if you truly open your heart to loving the kids. I feel so much happiness and love, but it breaks my heart to see students in bad situations I can't change. Not to mention there's always that fateful goodbye at the end of the year. I can't wait until I actually have a job at a certain school, so I can know the kids for years instead of just falling in love and having them ripped from my life.

Okay, I'm being a little dramatic, but that's how it feels right now. I do have babysitting jobs lined up and I AM at the same school for one more half of the semester. I can go say hello to my babies at lunch and I'll be sure to visit as well. That makes it a little easier!

I have seen God's faithfulness SO much this semester. I prayed for many months about my internship because I was scared to death from horror stories I had heard. The Lord ended up answering my prayer as "yes" but it was actually so much more than that. Sometimes God answers my prayers even better than I could ever of imagined and that's what he did for me this semester! The Lord is so good to me!!! Now more than ever I know that when His will lines up with my prayers, He answers them exceedingly more than I could of asked or imagined just like He says He will.

It's times like these when the Lord comes through for me that I see the heart of God. I know my prayers that aren't answered as a "Yes" must have a good reason not to be. My God is too good not to have serious reasons not to bring everything I want to pass. Maybe it's not time, maybe it's not best for me….either way, the way God chooses to answer my prayers and direct my life is the RIGHT way.

The Lord is taking care of me and I saw that very clearly through my placement in rotation 1 this semester. I am so thankful and am in awe of what God has done. I was allowed to take care of 18 of God's treasured children for a short 6 weeks time. Do you know how precious the children are to the Lord? Do you know what an honor it is that He is allowing me to do this? He does not take the care of His babies lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment