Monday, December 13, 2010

*Survival Mode Musts*

If you know me at all, you know that I do not agree with cold weather. Being cold makes my face blow up to twice it's size for reasons unknown. My hands look like an old ladies and my demeanor is just a little bit grumpy. I am known to hibernate in the frigid conditions and people often wonder where I am. I can tell you right now that I'll be in survival mode with no sign of a cute outfit anywhere. I will be huddled by the fire in layers of bulky clothes trying to defeat the menacing chill. Luckily, I have a list of items that help me fight through the winter and you should have them, too. We are not migratory birds, so we must use a few wonderful inventions to help battle these treacherously cold days. Here is a list of ten items that you should consider this season:

*Survival Mode Musts*

1.) Heated mattress pad- This comes in quite handy everyday of the winter. Fire it up about ten minutes before bedtime and you will have a cozy, comforting place in no time! It's also good for waking me up in the morning, because when I put it on high it literally burns my skin. Yes, I do burn myself out of bed every morning, but this is survival mode and I never said it was pretty!

2.) Blow Dryer- This can be used to warm up those freezing toes after a hard day of making it the few feet from the car to the house. It can also be used to warm up socks as well...it'll be the best thing you ever did for your feet.

3.) Polartec Pants- These are a new item that I have purchased this year, and I absolutely LOVE them. They are made by The North Face and it makes me feel like I'm wearing a cloud. It's a nice way to keep warm and cozy around the house, AND they are stretchy so the guilt of holiday indulgence is less abrasive.

4.) Neosporin Lip Care- I have always had terribly chapped lips, but the new lip care line from Neosporin has given me hope! It heals my lips and prepares me to face any kind of adversity the weather might bring.

5.) OPI Nail Polish: "Ali's Big Break"- This nail polish is perfect for the Holiday season with a beautiful red color and a hint of sparkle. That way, even though you look super frumptastic in all the oversized polertec, you can remember you're a woman by looking at your beautiful nails!

6.) Fuzzy North Face jacket- The North Face has the softest/fuzziest line of jackets that bring comfort and support just by looking at them. When I put it on I feel like I'm in heaven and watching a Holiday movie in this fluffy friend is unmatchable bliss.

7.) Pumpkin Spice Coffee from The Fresh Market- Oh my…this coffee is the best coffee I have ever tasted and it only comes around once a year. You actually have to snag it during the fall season, but I save it for the winter! My taste buds thank me for my good choices every time.

8.) 18oS Ear Warmers- These are the best ear warmers I have EVER had! They go UNDERNEATH my hair so I don't have to go though the awkwardness of those other types of ear warming mechanisms! It is hard to tell that I have them on and they are SUPER warm! My hair day is not messed up at all, either!!! Gene Lockwood is calling your name…I can hear it now!

9.) Fuzzy socks- I never wear socks in the summer, but during the winter they are a MUST! Having them in obnoxious colors makes it all the more fun. The fuzzier…the better! Let's fight cold feet together!

10.) Space Heater- We all know the feeling of getting out of bed and the cold hitting us like a ton of bricks…say no to this horrendous occurrence and buy a space heater! This is winter…not child's play! We need to be armed with the best!

11.) Don't forget your HEAT WARMERS!!! Shake those babies up and you'll feel like a new person! You can even shake them to the tune of "Jingle Bells" to make it festive.


-I hope that you all put some of this on your Christmas list because January and February have never been forgiving. Throw some assorted gloves in there as well and make sure you only ride in vehicles that have heaters in them. Ugg boots wouldn't hurt either!

This is not a joke..this is not a drill…THE EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM HAS BEEN ACTIVATED! The Artic Winds have blown and we are now officially in SURVIVAL MODE!!!

2 comments: