Sunday, December 12, 2010

*EXCUSE ME?!*

Three major record scratching moments have happened today alone. It's kind of a good thing, because my life was a little even keel for a while there, and that's never good for the blog.

We are getting ready for our family ski trip to Colorado next week, so we ran an errand to Jean Lockwood today. When we got home I was putting up my new ski stuff as dad walked in with a very serious look on his face. It wasn't a mad serious face, but a face was there to tell me some sort of news he'd been thinking about.

"It costs money to bring bags on the plane, so we have a big bag for ski stuff. I'd like for you to only have a carry on bag other than that." ERRRRRK!!!! EXCUSE ME?!?! "Dad! You have got to be joking right now!!! My make-up and hair bag is as big as a carry on by itself!" He started laughing and then luckily mom overheard the news of his bag idea. She said there was NO WAY she could get all her stuff in a carry on. I mean…we are women! Men expect us to look great/smell good AND they want us to save money by only packing a light bag!!! We are not immortal here! Do you think we have magic dust that suddenly brings about great outfits and hair days?! That is a big NO. It takes big bags I tell you…huge ones!

My other record scratching moment came at the lunch table when mom and dad informed me that I will be sharing a little room with my older brother on the trip. I am still terrified from the moments as a child when he had sleep terrors and it's bone chilling to think about what may happen. Not to mention it's just a little bit weird…aren't we a little old for this? Molly, why did you have to go get married again?!

Right after I learned about my new roomie a lady came up to the table and congratulated my parents on their new grandchild! "Are you the pregnant one?!" she said looking my way. "NO!" I replied with a a smile on my lips and a scowl in my eyes. I knew the day was coming when people would begin to think I'm pregnant, I just wasn't as prepared as I thought I was. Why me?! WHY ME?!?!?! ...I ask myself this often.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! those were some serious "record scratch" moments for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha that bag comment is a classic! He hadn't even ran that jewel by shanny!

    Guys pride themselves in packing light and small... I might just back everything in a pillowcase ;) [Actually my camera will be my carry-on]

    ReplyDelete
  3. And... Southwest lets each of us check 2 bags each for free!

    ReplyDelete