Sunday, October 10, 2010

*I wondered what it felt like*

There I was...off in my own little daydreaming world doodling on my notebook when I heard the teacher say something very unexpected:"If you are confused and need to see how to do the report correctly, just refer to Abby's paper." (Insert RECORD SCRATCH/BACK TO REALITY moment) I looked up from my doodle and quickly scanned the room to see if there was another Abby I was unaware of. Then I noticed a paper that had been handed out to me earlier but I was too busy drawing to look at. 100%?!?! So it wasn't a mix up...the teacher had actually told the whole class that I was a go to girl. Me...put it on the record.

Once I realized what had actually happened, I said to the class: "WOW! That has never happened to me before. I've always wondered what it would feel like and it feels even better than I imagined!" The class laughed but I was being totally serious. It was super awesome to have my named called out for something other than a lunch ticket. For that moment in life...I ruled.

Another "pigs really can fly" moment happened this week as well. A guy came up to me at church on Thursday and said: "Hey, were you the girl running on ___ street yesterday?" I started laughing so hard because YES!! I WAS!!! I totally told him that I was that sprinter and I could say it with a clear conscience.

Only thing is..I was actually playing a prank on Molly and Logan at the time. I told Molly that I was a runner now and so I dressed up and got ready for what looked like a run. (I was actually just gonna go on a contemplative walk to listen to my new itunes, but she had no idea)

So I started on my walk, but knew full well that Molly and Logan would be driving up soon. When I knew they could see me, I started to SPRINT as fast as I could for a long time until they were out of sight. I actually got shin splints over it, but I totally had them fooled! "WOW! Abby really takes her running seriously." thought my shocked sister. Too bad I paid the price and have been in utter ruin ever since. At least a guy at church totally thought I was one of "those girls". At least he even asked me, that in itself is compliment enough. haha

Truth is, I really have done better in school and exercised more than ever before and it makes me realize that we do have what it takes to change ourselves for the better. I have been trying to be more of the person that a teacher would refer to, and it actually came to pass. I love to realize more and more how we can reach an even higher potential than we ever imagined thanks to the strength and support that comes from Christ!

But don't worry...I won't ever change TOO much. Life is just more fun when you don't take life soooooo seriously. (aka obsessed with school or working out allll the live long day.) I am Abby and I always will be Abby which is fine with me. Like I said a few days ago: "The Pumpkin Patch is only as lame as you are, and I am definitely not lame." I am happy with who God made me to be, but doing well in what God has called me to do is important, too. :)

1 comment:

  1. wow, love love LOVE this post!!!!
    You are 100% perfect!!!!
    Love you so much Abby!!!!

    ReplyDelete