Monday, September 24, 2012

*Little Reminders*

Life has a funny way of reminding us that this place isn't Heaven. Even when our lives are at their peak of happiness, when we get a little taste of what Heaven might be like…those pesky little things come and poke us unexpectedly to make sure we remember this is still a fallen world.

For instance…if you haven't planned a wedding in your life, you may be under the false impression that it is fun or easy. I chose a venue where I don't have to plan very much, but I'm telling you…even that can't stop things from messing up. I found my perfect dress about a month ago. You know, the one I've dreamt of all my life…... ya, that one. Well when I picked it up from the alterations place last week, it was TOO SMALL!!! I can't breathe at all and that awkward muffin top of the back has made an appearance! Now I'm stuck on this horrifying diet where I can either eat non buttered vegetables all day or a handful of real people food. Talk about not being ideal!!!! I saw this bumper sticker on facebook that said: "Men think a woman's greatest dream is to find the perfect man….but it's actually eating anything they want and never getting fat." SO true. So very, very true.

I also got wind today that my photographer accidentally double booked, but I am so proud of myself because I have yet to freak out. I think I used all my freak out and bridezilla moments when my dress didn't fit. It not only didn't fit, though…it wasn't even close to fitting before my mom did her rescue 911!!! So give me some grace. My mom luckily did some damage control so that it at least can make it's way on me, but it's certainly not where it needs to be at this point in my opinion. But I refuse to keep waking up with night sweats over it anymore. I'm just tired of freaking out to be honest…it's so tiring.

Maybe I'm just supposed to be learning a lesson about vanity. Maybe I need to do what we were taught as a little kid, and focus on my heart beauty instead. Maybe I'm supposed to realize that my wedding day is not about not having a back muffin top, but about marrying the man God has made for me to live this life with. At the end of the day, I am marrying the right man so I just need to focus on that! The flowers, the food, the portraits, the dress…it's all so minimal compared to what this day means.

I may pass out at the alter thanks to my dress being taken in to fit one of those people that run every morning at five am….but I'll still be marrying Brian! And that's what matters the most.




2 comments:

  1. Planning a wedding can be super stressful, but the thing to remember is that in the end, you leave with the man of your dreams! I'm sorry about the dress though :( This is random but how tall are you/what size? Maybe mine could work? I dunno....I feel bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAAAAA!! Back muffin top!! That makes me laugh so hard!! I TOTALLY relate, as we both know! I mean why is it that some people carry their fat on their back??? I am one of them, as we well know! All I know is that your dress is BEAUTIFUL and so are you!!! I think you look amazing in it!! Vanity Smanity...God is trying to teach me, too, as I'm losing my hair again from those bladder treatments after it had FINALLY thickened. Ugh...life sometimes!! HARD!! I am so so happy that you are marrying Brian, though, and that he is so sweet!!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete