Tuesday, April 17, 2012

*Back with a Vengeance*

The weather is warming up,the flowers are in bloom, and spring has finally made it's way to us which means……..my personal war with the spiders is raging again!!! For years this battle has been going on and the descendants of the ones I have killed in the past are dropping from the roof I'm sure as we speak. That is the main reason I am up at 3:24am wide awake with plenty of energy to write this.

Now, I'll have you know that it's not the spiders that I'm afraid of, because I see them all the time at the lake and I'm okay with it. But I have a really good relationship with the dock creatures and we leave each other alone. I am not afraid of these types of spiders at all because they are where they belong. The spiders I'm afraid of are the ones that are completely out of place! The family of spiders that lives in my house where they should not be and are not welcome. I'm not afraid of things in general…I'm more afraid of those things when they aren't where they belong.

For instance…I'm not afraid of criminals when I'm walking through the local jail, but I would be afraid to see them out of place in my kitchen. (Not that I do that often, but I'm just trying to make a point here.) I'm not afraid of a snake at the local mountain trail as much as I'd be afraid of seeing it on the floor in my room. I'm not afraid of a steak knife, but if there was one out of place in my house, it might scare me. Like if someone put it in my shower…it just doesn't belong there so a red flag in my mind would go off. So be assured…it's not that I'm a baby…it's just that I'm scared when things are out of place and unexpected. Like the large, juicy spider that stared hatefully at me tonight on my bathroom floor. I think it might have had a little hair on it, too.

I tried to smash it, but my hand/eye coordination is so bad that I kept missing and as I've said before, God gave those things lightening fast speed! I finally got it after a scarring experience and put it in the trashcan, only to scare myself by seeing it again later. Now I feel like there are spiders in my hair and on my feet in the covers. And I know that spider has best friends and family that heard it's cries and are headed my way now. You just never know what they will try to do. And I really think they are back with a vengeance this year. They have no sympathies for people like me…they are here to get even. And that freaks me out…and it's taking my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment