Sunday, April 17, 2011

*MY CUP OVERFLOWS!!!*

I found myself tonight with happy tears in my eyes staring into the eyes of a stranger. This stranger was used to bring a miracle into my life and to teach me just how much Jesus is taking care of me! I want to share it with anyone who will listen because my God IS so faithful!!!!!! When He says He loves to give good gifts to His children, He means it!!!!! When it aligns with His will, get ready for the cup to be overflowing!!! God is so good to me that He lovingly says no to my prayers A LOT, but He does say yes to me when it's right and aligns with His will!!!! I am so thankful and in awe tonight….

My cooperating teacher from my first student teacher rotation wrote a prayer for me and one of the lines in it asked God to give me an abundance of teaching supplies and materials to do my job well and I've been praying that, too. He has definitely answered that prayer already in ways that I could've never imagined!!! People have helped me out so much already and I did not expect anything else because I was already greatly blessed. The Lord has given me so much by providing my job and some supplies for me so I felt like I had gotten enough and expected no more. Well, God was ready to outdo what I thought possible this time and He really blew my mind! He was ready to show me what asking for things in His will REALLY meant! And let me tell you…it's a beautiful thing.

I went to a Rhea Lana sale the other day to buy a few books for cheap and get some presents for Samuel. At the check out there was this REALLY sweet girl who just happened to have a mom who has taught first grade for 34 years and was looking for someone to sell her teaching supplies to. She told me to call her mom and I did the very next day expecting to buy some of the things from her and excited to find a resource.

Well, when I called her she was SUPER nice and told me to bring my biggest car and lots of boxes Sunday at 6pm. I asked how much money I should bring and she said not to bring a cent! She wanted to help me out for free even though she had no idea who I was!!! I went there tonight and my mom's car was literally BURSTING at the seams with everything I could possibly want and MORE! YES, MORE!!!! Not only that, but this woman had the BEST ideas that she was sharing with me and she even got teacher of the year! I know why!!!! I met a VERY special woman tonight and I will never forget her.

I mean…I can't even write in words how much of a miracle it is. My heart is literally overflowing because my Father has showered me with gifts and provision. He is equipping me for what He has called me to do and I couldn't be more thankful! I will remember this moment when it's hard to keep the faith because this fallen world will bring those valleys. I know He is worthy of my trust no matter what life brings and I will hold this provision close to my heart. :)

2 comments:

  1. that is so awesome!!! i'm so happy for you abby - the Lord is so fun and good!

    ReplyDelete