Sunday, January 9, 2011

*Out of Control Elderly!*

There's something that has come to my attention this week that must be addressed! I am in no way disrespecting the aged, but I just cannot stay silent about what I've encountered! The fact of the matter is, I've seen a few elderly people lately a bit out of control! Aren't older adults supposed to be the ones we can trust to have virtue and morality at the center of their being?! They've had time to learn from their mistakes and therefore send wise words our way when we need it the most. Sadly, not all elderly have stayed to this grandmotherly code… I fear some are living the teenage dream we never should dream about in the first place!

It first came to my attention when an 80 year old man "danced" next to me in my hip hop/latin spice class at the athletic club. This was a complete shock to me, especially when he shook with the rest of us. He SORTA shook anyway. In all honesty the man could barely move! I thought he was either an extreme creeper or completely lost. He was the only man in a class filled with women who were 30 yrs. old and younger. What is wrong with this picture?! I didn't know that under the latin spice class the fine print needed to say "no men…especially elderly men, it comes off as extremely creepy to the young girls"

"Elbow, Elbow, Shake it on down!" the instructor screamed as I cut my eyes at the man in a confused state. What is happening here? Am I in the twilight zone?! I sorta did my elbow and shake, but couldn't really handle the situation. There's something about dads and old men that bring shaking down to a place that isn't fun anymore. Besides, Zumba and Hip Hop classes are for women only! We just have a great time, but when men are added it clearly wouldn't be a good thing. "Put attitude into it, ladies!" the instructor said next…all I could think of is why isn't this guy getting the picture? She just said "ladies"! My thinking is he wasn't lost because he did the lasso pretty well. I can't believe I'm actually writing this right now.

Another shocking moment happened tonight when I was having dinner at Luby's cafeteria and riskay club/rave music was playing in the background. "Good Girls Go Bad" was blaring while elderly people ate their cafeteria food acting like nothing was going on! To say I was in utter horror is an understatement!!! What happened to the piano music?!?! What happened to the elevator-type atmosphere?! What happened to nice little old ladies who bake cookies and tell us how cute we are?!?! I don't know if Luby's is changing their soundtrack to attract a younger crowd, but it's not going to work! It's not like teenagers and college kids are like: "Meet you at Luby's Friday night! It's hoppin there!"

I mean...I probably can't take my future kids there because of the unsavory tunes in the background. Is this out of control, or is this out of control?!

No comments:

Post a Comment